https://www.infomaxoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/infomax-office-logo2.png 0 0 Heather Acton https://www.infomaxoffice.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/infomax-office-logo2.png Heather Acton2015-10-14 02:32:492023-04-17 22:17:52How Safe Is Your Email System?
How Safe Is Your Email System?
Everyone thinks they understand email security—don’t open emails from unknown senders, don’t click on suspicious links, don’t open untrustworthy attachments. But email security goes beyond common sense. To protect your business, and your employee and client data, you need to ensure proper email safeguards are in place before your email system s compromised. It’s important to ask the question: “Is your email system really secure?”
Here are several ways you can protect and defend your email system.
- Consistent email policies. There is strength in unity. Therefore, it is essential that your employees are all on the same page when it comes to email. With just one chink in the armor, your defenses are lowered. Be sure that every employee is on the same page when it comes to email protocol, and then backup your policies with automatic safeguards to ensure compliance.
- Reliable email filtering. Email filtering is absolutely vital in protecting your company’s sensitive materials. At Infomax, our iGuard core email filtering will recognize and eliminate nearly all viruses, worms, and other intrusions before they present lasting problems.
- Efficient archiving. If not properly regulated, email archiving can become haphazard and headache inducing. Be sure that your emails are properly archived, so that they are easily retrieved in case of an audit. This will streamline a business process that will benefit your clients, as well as your personnel.
- Thorough message encryption. Email encryption can help protect your business from prying eyes, both inside and outside your business’ walls. Using specific policy criteria, encrypted messages are sent automatically. This way, your valuable information is kept out of the wrong hands.
- Dependable disaster recovery. Protecting your inbox from unexpected events is essential. When disaster strikes, be sure there is a reliable recovery system in place. For example, a system that provides auto-spooling of messages will ensure that your email is not thrown to the wolves if something goes wrong.
- Guaranteed Continuity. When it comes to email, continuity matters. Email management and monitoring ensures that if your system goes down, your email system continues without interruption through a remote, redundant server. This way, your workflows do not come to a grinding stop in the event of an unforeseen problem.
To learn more about how to properly secure your email system, contact Infomax today!