Your business is always growing, so shouldn’t your technology be growing with it? All too often, businesses stick with their outdated equipment, thinking that a new investment simply is not worth it. However, whether your equipment consists of one lone printer or a fleet of multi-function devices, there are several reasons upgrading is vital for business success.
Here are some reasons why evaluating your equipment every few years is so important:
- Quality. First and foremost, as technology in printing advances, the quality of output and operations increases, as well. Also, due to normal wear and tear, it might be time for you to consider investing in new equipment. Printing has come so far in recent years that in-house options actually rival those of print shops.
- Cost. Don’t be intimidated by the sticker price of a shiny new MFP. In fact, that newer machine will likely lower your cost per copy. This means that over time, your printing costs will go down as a result of this new investment. You’ll also be able to produce professional materials in-house, rather than outsourcing them. Leasing is also a great way to keep you costs low.
- Maintenance. Repairs are expensive. Decrease the odds of needing to repair your copiers and printers by investing in new equipment. New machines last longer, work faster, and produce better materials than those dusty, old devices that are waiting to malfunction.
- Options. Your trusty printer might get the job done, but how many jobs can it actually do? With today’s multifunction printers, you no longer need separate printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines. An MFP provides all of these services (and more) using less space and less money.
- Security. Upgraded equipment utilizes a myriad of security options. Certain pieces of equipment can even help you track which users are overprinting. This information can help you establish printing limits. Even encryption services are available in many newer devices.
Contact Infomax today to learn about how upgrading your equipment can specifically help your business.