In a perfect world, businesses would never produce waste. After all, waste is not only bad for the environment, it’s also bad for the pocketbook. Because of how prevalent waste can be, oftentimes businesses overlook easy steps that could reduce their waste, such as recycling toner cartridges.
Here are some of the benefits of recycling those old toner cartridges.
- Reducing emissions: By recycling toner cartridges, you help reduce the more than 40,000 tons of plastic and metal that goes into landfills, meaning you are also reducing air and water emissions. Landfilling, incineration, and the manufacturing of new cartridges are all cut down when you recycle your cartridges.
- Conserving natural resources: Recycling means that you are taking part in a global effort to reduce the need for raw materials. This way, resources such as water, timber, oil, and minerals are being used less.
- Saving energy: The amount of energy consumed when unneeded waste must be processed is astronomical. This is because the energy required to make a new cartridge is several times that of simply reusing or recycling an old one. Currently, only 20-40% of empty cartridges are recycled, meaning up to 80% go to landfills.
- Improving quality: Saving the planet is great, but your business must still rely on high-quality cartridges. Fortunately, recycled cartridges are just as reliable as new ones. Also, recycled cartridges are cheaper. This way, you are saving money in multiple areas, and helping to reduce the 300 million cartridges that are thrown away each year.
- Simplifying the process: Many businesses hesitate to begin recycling their cartridges, for fear that it is a tedious task. After all, business are busy places, and who needs one more thing to worry about? The reality is that recycling toner cartridges is easier than ever and can quickly be incorporated into your business.
Several of Infomax’s vendors accept toner cartridges for recycling. Click here to learn more, or contact us directly to learn more about the benefits of recycling toner cartridges and how you can get started.